Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club

4 posters

Go down

Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club Empty Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club

Post by Ariel Chen Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 pm

after missing this past thursday's club, where we so generously allowed stuyvesant students into brooklyn tech, might i add, i was extremely excited for this upcoming monday because i thought we would be going to stuy to play some ping pong, but it turns out stuy's table tennis club needs a lesson in organization. upon arrival we waited in what seemed to be stuy's main entrance for perhaps 10 minutes until a security guard came and asked what we were all doing and i replied to her that we were from brooklyn tech, stuy's ping pong club invited us over to play, yada yada yada, and i'm guessing she called a teacher over and he asks us the same thing, and i tell him the same thing or i was going to until he cut me off mid-way

Hi, we're from Brooklyn Te--
Yes, and we're in Manhattan
Ha.. yes. Well Stuyvesant's Table Tennis Club invited us over to play some ping pong and--
I wasn't notified of this at all and I can't allow anyone else into my school without proper notification
Hm.. OK then. Bye.

after this unpleasant rejection, ricky or stephen finally picked up his phone (some of the officers of their club) and brought someone over to bring us around the back entrance. when we got in, william, david, anthony, chris, and ivan were relieved and ready to play, putting all their stuff down and trying to warm-up from the outside weather but andy and i had to be the party poopers, asking about their advisor and if they actually notified anyone about us coming and when they replied no i thought to myself the risk of getting into trouble for trespassing on a school and concluded that it was not worth playing some table tennis with some chumps that need to learn how to organize, so we all left and went home.

the D/M line had signal problems at 62nd street so i was stuck on the train with chris for an hour playing games like rock paper scissors to maintain sanity.

such a disappointment.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club Empty Re: Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club

Post by Ivan Lin Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:12 pm

wow an hour playing rock paper scissors? i would have gone insane if i had to play that for one hour.
note: i thought stuy people would be more gentle and polite since they ARE more educated. however it turns out to be just the opposite. LUCKY i didnt went to stuy or i might become one of THOSE people. TECH is the best Very Happy
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club Empty Re: Disappointment in Stuy's Table Tennis Club

Post by Ariel Chen Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 pm

um.. i wouldn't call it "more educated"
it's true that they produce better test scores than tech, but those are just statistics. you can't really know too much about a person on their grades, which is why colleges require, among SAT scores and report card transcripts, a personal essay to have some sort of insight to your personality (this sentence is dedicated to tommy ko) also you can't just say everyone in stuy is like those that we've met cause you'd be generalizing over a thousand people based one maybe the 6 or 7 we've encountered. don't be so narrow-minded ivan

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 pm

it's not like they're bad guys or anything.. they just need to eff-ing tell someone next time about us coming to stuy so we could actually be there without trespassing. but in truth i don't think there will be a next time. it seems like a waste of time to me. they have only 1 table with such a small playing area.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:27 pm

having really high scores doesnt mean you will be successful one day but ppl in tech does the same too. they sneak in and out
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:18 pm

well i am not really like saying stuy is bad or anything but im just kinda angry at them.(i was freezing in the cold.) so im kinda like just trying to make myself feel better by saying something
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement Li Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:52 am

one word discribe it all... disapointment

Clement Li
I sit at club and watch people play
I sit at club and watch people play

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down