Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does body size and weight matter on what style u play in ping pong?

+2
iJacky
Ivan Lin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does body size and weight matter on what style u play in ping pong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does body size and weight matter on what style u play in ping pong?

Post by David Xiong Sun May 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Ariel Chen wrote:i wouldn't really consider wang hao and ma lin to be chubby or short.. liu guo liang is probably chubby now but he's retired. and when he did play he was short and skinny, not chubby

besides wang liqin, all the other chinese shakehanders aren't that tall

xu xin's going to be the next wang hao and he's "tall and skinny" so yeah.
YEAH! Go left-handed penholders! =D He is ranked 50 something right now but he is still under 21 years of age.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-05

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637447901&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Does body size and weight matter on what style u play in ping pong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does body size and weight matter on what style u play in ping pong?

Post by iJacky Sun May 10, 2009 11:21 pm

David Xiong wrote:
Ariel Chen wrote:i wouldn't really consider wang hao and ma lin to be chubby or short.. liu guo liang is probably chubby now but he's retired. and when he did play he was short and skinny, not chubby

besides wang liqin, all the other chinese shakehanders aren't that tall

xu xin's going to be the next wang hao and he's "tall and skinny" so yeah.
YEAH! Go left-handed penholders! =D He is ranked 50 something right now but he is still under 21 years of age.

isnt xu xin ranked 9 in that vid? o_O"
but rite now hes like ranked 44 on ittf... =_="

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-03-21

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 pm

xu xin and all the new penhold player gonna learn wang hao's grip to survive out there. idk what its called but in chinese it means shakehand style penhold (直拍横打). a lot of ppl on chinese forums say its hard to learn.
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 pm

RaymondWu wrote:xu xin and all the new penhold player gonna learn wang hao's grip to survive out there. idk what its called but in chinese it means shakehand style penhold (直拍横打). a lot of ppl on chinese forums say its hard to learn.

kool david shud try n learn it then =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Its very complicated to learn. Only a handful of people know how to use it correctly. Its so hard to learn that I would rather switch to shakehand than to learn that grip.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 am

David Xiong wrote:Its very complicated to learn. Only a handful of people know how to use it correctly. Its so hard to learn that I would rather switch to shakehand than to learn that grip.

well u cant now since u gota buy a new paddle... =_="
n btw just try 2 learn it b4 u even giv up 2 it =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Sat May 16, 2009 9:35 pm

David Xiong wrote:Its very complicated to learn. Only a handful of people know how to use it correctly. Its so hard to learn that I would rather switch to shakehand than to learn that grip.

are u talking about reverse penhold because for me, penhold backhand and reverse backhand is easier than shakehand backhand. in fact is it the reason y i switched to penhold because i got frustrated at the shakehand backhand. natural born penhold...? xD
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sat May 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:

are u talking about reverse penhold because for me, penhold backhand and reverse backhand is easier than shakehand backhand. in fact is it the reason y i switched to penhold because i got frustrated at the shakehand backhand. natural born penhold...? xD
your reverse is not wang hao's you cant do some of the stuff he could do with his grip.
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 pm

your reverse is not wang hao's you cant do some of the stuff he could do with his grip.

yea of course my reverse backhand is not as good as wang hao's but what im saying is that rph comes easier to me than the shakehand backhand.
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sun May 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:

yea of course my reverse backhand is not as good as wang hao's but what im saying is that rph comes easier to me than the shakehand backhand.

lolz ivan i believe ray meant ur grip isnt the same as wang haos =P

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Sun May 17, 2009 2:43 pm

With Wang Hao's grip, it feels more natural to use the reverse side unlike traditional grip but Wang Hao is unable to use tradition backhand. With his grip, you will also be able to have a looser wrist. That's why he was able to do the serve Raymond posted.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sun May 17, 2009 2:48 pm

David Xiong wrote:With Wang Hao's grip, it feels more natural to use the reverse side unlike traditional grip but Wang Hao is unable to use tradition backhand. With his grip, you will also be able to have a looser wrist. That's why he was able to do the serve Raymond posted.

lolz wang hao doesnt really care if he cant use traditional backhand... =_="
he only does it 4 close table pushes until he gets a setup 4 a kill =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun May 17, 2009 4:39 pm

iJacky wrote:
David Xiong wrote:With Wang Hao's grip, it feels more natural to use the reverse side unlike traditional grip but Wang Hao is unable to use tradition backhand. With his grip, you will also be able to have a looser wrist. That's why he was able to do the serve Raymond posted.

lolz wang hao doesnt really care if he cant use traditional backhand... =_="
he only does it 4 close table pushes until he gets a setup 4 a kill =)
he actually use back side to push if it goes to backhand
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm

ray i dun remember if wang hao actually does that... =X
can u show me a clip 2 backup ur statement? o_O"

p.s. coz he mainly uses his rpb 2 either block or atk n not def =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Mon May 18, 2009 5:05 pm

this is too off topic. the thread question is already answer. Someone please lock this thread...
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2