Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to serve

+3
Ariel Chen
RaymondWu
Ivan Lin
7 posters

Go down

How to serve Empty How to serve

Post by Ivan Lin Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 pm

HI i am just making this new topic so beginners can know how to serve. (nobody is making anything new so ill js make it). anyways serving to me is quite hard. producing the right amount of spin is easy but i cant get it to bounce on the table. i wish i can practice but i dont have a table. anyways if u r a beginner dont care about teh rule about throwing it up or anything. just try to do like a fast topspin serve. thats how i started out anyways and u can work ur way there. anyways these videos r js to let u see how to serve if u are a beginner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EknmwvK3czE
if u feel challenged u can watch the gold medallist,Ma Lin,(he is the guy that i admire the most in table tennis and finally he got gold.)haha shakehand got 3rd. here is a video so u can see how he serves in different angles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kKWeVREwY
Another video by ma lin called "ghost service" and i was really astonished about his serves. his backspin serves r js crazy.(plz dont ask me y he is not wearing a shirt.) the website is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8advrudYZs
if u r a shakehand u can watch a video from wang liqin(3rd place) serve in different angles. the video is :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj6rKqv0W2c&feature=related
hoped it helped!
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

How to serve Empty Re: How to serve

Post by RaymondWu Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:HI i am just making this new topic so beginners can know how to serve. (nobody is making anything new so ill js make it). anyways serving to me is quite hard. producing the right amount of spin is easy but i cant get it to bounce on the table. i wish i can practice but i dont have a table. anyways if u r a beginner dont care about teh rule about throwing it up or anything. just try to do like a fast topspin serve. thats how i started out anyways and u can work ur way there. anyways these videos r js to let u see how to serve if u are a beginner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EknmwvK3czE
if u feel challenged u can watch the gold medallist,Ma Lin,(he is the guy that i admire the most in table tennis and finally he got gold.)haha shakehand got 3rd. here is a video so u can see how he serves in different angles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kKWeVREwY
Another video by ma lin called "ghost service" and i was really astonished about his serves. his backspin serves r js crazy.(plz dont ask me y he is not wearing a shirt.) the website is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8advrudYZs
if u r a shakehand u can watch a video from wang liqin(3rd place) serve in different angles. the video is :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj6rKqv0W2c&feature=related
hoped it helped!
hey hey hey who won the pro tour? Twisted Evil
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 pm

uuhh i dont really know about the pro tour(lols i dont even know whats teh pro tour) only thing im interested is the olympics. anyways i like Ma Lin and i hope i can do the serves that he is doing.(i dont like wang hao though for some reason but his backhand is definitly deadly for a penholder. in fact i think that he specializes in backhand, which is very rare for a penholder.)
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:uuhh i dont really know about the pro tour(lols i dont even know whats teh pro tour) only thing im interested is the olympics. anyways i like Ma Lin and i hope i can do the serves that he is doing.(i dont like wang hao though for some reason but his backhand is definitly deadly for a penholder. in fact i think that he specializes in backhand, which is very rare for a penholder.)
lol chinese backhand suck for some reason, i seen an announcement on national team training center website saying euro player's backhand overpowering chinese <.<
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 am

Ivan Lin wrote:
haha shakehand got 3rd.
they made wang liqin lose to ma lin on purpose! or at least that's what conspiracy theorists say.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Ariel Chen wrote:
Ivan Lin wrote:
haha shakehand got 3rd.
they made wang liqin lose to ma lin on purpose! or at least that's what conspiracy theorists say.
i concured, they are like as good as eachother. i bet the government decides or they take turns on winning lol
plenty of young ppl as good as them, when they retire young ppl gonna replace them
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm

if u feel challenged u can watch the gold medallist,Ma Lin,(he is the guy that i admire the most in table tennis and finally he got gold.)
I like Ma Lin' serve too and I copy and use many of his serves. However I can't do the ghost serve perfectly yet. Crying or Very sad I can only add enough backspin for it to bounce back on the third bounce and getting the serve over the net is another big problem.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-05

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637447901&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 pm

David Xiong wrote:
if u feel challenged u can watch the gold medallist,Ma Lin,(he is the guy that i admire the most in table tennis and finally he got gold.)
I like Ma Lin' serve too and I copy and use many of his serves. However I can't do the ghost serve perfectly yet. Crying or Very sad I can only add enough backspin for it to bounce back on the third bounce and getting the serve over the net is another big problem.
i dont even see him do that much in real games, more long ranged serves
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Ariel Chen wrote:
Ivan Lin wrote:
haha shakehand got 3rd.
It was a close game between Wang Li Qin and Ma Lin. There's no way Ma Lin could fake those tears when he got gold. Anyway, Wang Hao was actually the one ranked 1 in the world before the Olympics. I personally like Wang Hao better than all the other Chinese players. Wang Li Qin looks like he is going to do a split every time he loops because he is so tall. Razz
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:05 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
David Xiong wrote:
i dont even see him do that much in real games, more long ranged serves
True, but it would be cool to learn it. Very Happy
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 pm

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Ah, I finally understand shakehand serves. I could never read the spin but I think its going to be easier now. Thanks for the video! Very Happy
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuqiao Li Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:26 pm

Chuqiao Li

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 pm

i appreciate your post on the video but as i have said, it is only for beginners and i don't think a beginner can do a ghost service right away. i dont think that anybody in the club right now could even do it as good as those videos.
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:i appreciate your post on the video but as i have said, it is only for beginners and i don't think a beginner can do a ghost service right away. i dont think that anybody in the club right now could even do it as good as those videos.
the one that ma lin does bounce back as soon as it reach the other side, iono how any one returns that <.<
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
Ivan Lin wrote:i appreciate your post on the video but as i have said, it is only for beginners and i don't think a beginner can do a ghost service right away. i dont think that anybody in the club right now could even do it as good as those videos.
the one that ma lin does bounce back as soon as it reach the other side, iono how any one returns that <.<

It only starts to bounce back after the 3rd bounce by that time you should of returned it.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 315

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647998814&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Andy Mai wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:

It only starts to bounce back after the 3rd bounce by that time you should of returned it.
he did variety of speeds, there was one that just turn right into the net
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm

um if nobody can return it then he would be ranked first long time ago. besides a backspin is bad since the spin is letting the ball going back to your side and the opponent can easily tap it can the spin will put the ball to your side. backspins r not used a lot in tournaments because of that.
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 am

Ivan Lin wrote:um if nobody can return it then he would be ranked first long time ago. besides a backspin is bad since the spin is letting the ball going back to your side and the opponent can easily tap it can the spin will put the ball to your side. backspins r not used a lot in tournaments because of that.
affraid they swing their wirst too fast in tournaments, cant see what they are doing
i dont think thats the reason they dont use backspin tho, because even wang liqin cant reach the net with his hands without going to the side of the table. and if he does go to the side of the table hes wide open
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:um if nobody can return it then he would be ranked first long time ago. besides a backspin is bad since the spin is letting the ball going back to your side and the opponent can easily tap it can the spin will put the ball to your side. backspins r not used a lot in tournaments because of that.

lolz r u saying that if anybody can return ma lins ghost serves then that person is #1? =_="
its not that hard returning serves if u can read ur oponents serves...
but if u cant read serves then thats another story lolz =P
btw even if u can return ma lins ghost serves then i bet he will just kill ur return... =X

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-03-21

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 pm

david. stop posting pointless posts.

Ariel Chen
Admin