Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers

3 posters

Go down

blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers Empty blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers

Post by iJacky Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:17 am

there r many more types of blades but im just gona discuss about carbon vs arylate since u shud already no about wooden blades =)

carbon fibered blades r generally made 4 offensive player styles since theyr increased in speed giving the blades a hard feel...
arylate fibered blades r generally made 4 defensive player styles since theyr increased in vibration control giving the blades a medium/soft feel...
both the carbon fibered blades n the arylate fibered blades hav enlarged the size of the sweet spot which makes the blades more consistent =)

p.s. i would suggest just using a wooden blade 4 starters n then if u want u can choose other types of blades based on ur individual styles of play either towards offensive or defensive =)
btw theres always the allrounders who can choose the arylate carbon fibered blades since they hav all benefits combined together =)

Last edited by iJacky on Sun May 03, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-03-21

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers Empty Re: blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers

Post by David Xiong Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Carbon has less feel and has a different sound when hit than wooden blades but you get the benefit of hitting faster.
Most pros don't like any other blades besides all-wood because they didn't grow up with it. Maybe in 10 to 20 years, we might see pros with synthetic blades. Its a pretty new technology so we never know. But carbon and arylate together would be so synthetic that you would barely feel the vibration of the wood.
By the way, does anyone know if arylate causes slower speed? If it doesn't, you can use it with an offensive style.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-05

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637447901&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers Empty Re: blade types: carbon fibers vs arylate fibers

Post by iJacky Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:55 pm

David Xiong wrote:Carbon has less feel and has a different sound when hit than wooden blades but you get the benefit of hitting faster.
Most pros don't like any other blades besides all-wood because they didn't grow up with it. Maybe in 10 to 20 years, we might see pros with synthetic blades. Its a pretty new technology so we never know. But carbon and arylate together would be so synthetic that you would barely feel the vibration of the wood.
By the way, does anyone know if arylate causes slower speed? If it doesn't, you can use it with an offensive style.

lolz david i totally agree w/ u =)
btw i think arylate blades r slower since it doesnt hav hard feels like carbon blades =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Lin Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 pm

the one that im using is fiber glass. i think that its pretty famous now. it seems to have to power or speed but when u use power, it makes the ball go very fast. the downside is that its harder to control than wooden blades.
Ivan Lin
Ivan Lin

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Ivan Lin wrote:the one that im using is fiber glass. i think that its pretty famous now. it seems to have to power or speed but when u use power, it makes the ball go very fast. the downside is that its harder to control than wooden blades.

lolz fiber glass blades reminds me of arylate carbon blades =)
but i rather use arylate carbon blades coz im afraid the glass in fiber glass blades mite crack a bit... =X

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down