Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making History

5 posters

Go down

Making History Empty Making History

Post by Andy Mai Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Everyone that has joined this year is part of history. We beat last year's total members and now we have more members than ever. We should be entered in a Brooklyn Technical High School record book because I don't know a club bigger than ours. Also I would like all 351 members in the club to be in the yearbook picture for clubs. =D
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-09-27

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647998814&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Making History Empty Re: Making History

Post by cchan Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:34 am

we're gonna need a whole page for that lol

cchan

Male Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 am

Exactly lol. We take up one whole page. =D
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 pm

i don't really see the point of all members being in the yearbook. and to make better history we should try to get ping pong into PSAL.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by cchan Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 pm

ariel thats ur job mr president lol

cchan

Male Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Ariel Chen wrote:i don't really see the point of all members being in the yearbook. and to make better history we should try to get ping pong into PSAL.
i dont know any other high school with ping pong organization, exception for a few.
so not likely
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:57 pm

We sort of have an argument when bringing up table tennis as a PSAL sport. PSAL focuses more on sports popular in New York which is why handball is in PSAL. Table tennis is an Olympic Sport which is popular around the world but not really big in New York City like basketball or football.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Andy Mai wrote:We sort of have an argument when bringing up table tennis as a PSAL sport. PSAL focuses more on sports popular in New York which is why handball is in PSAL. Table tennis is an Olympic Sport which is popular around the world but not really big in New York City like basketball or football.
i fear if ping pong will be out of olympics in a couple of years due to the lack of competition, like baseball.
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:01 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
Andy Mai wrote:We sort of have an argument when bringing up table tennis as a PSAL sport. PSAL focuses more on sports popular in New York which is why handball is in PSAL. Table tennis is an Olympic Sport which is popular around the world but not really big in New York City like basketball or football.
i fear if ping pong will be out of olympics in a couple of years due to the lack of competition, like baseball.

Baseball is just plain boring while Table Tennis is entertaining. And there are table tennis players such as Timo Boll that can compete against the Chinese table tennis players if you think China always dominates the sport.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Andy Mai wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:

Baseball is just plain boring while Table Tennis is entertaining. And there are table tennis players such as Timo Boll that can compete against the Chinese table tennis players if you think China always dominates the sport.
I understand that, but when was the last time a non chinese person won the olympics, especially the women
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement Li Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
Andy Mai wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:

I understand that, but when was the last time a non chinese person won the olympics, especially the women

I believe that because it might be kicked out of the olympics is the main reason why we should put it on PSAL so it will have a chance at staying in the olympics in the next few years. We should also show some asian spirit because this sport is one of the only sports that represents China, and give China a BIT of glory. This is why i think it should be a PSAL sport, if it is not one we should try to make it one.

Clement Li
I sit at club and watch people play
I sit at club and watch people play

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Table Tennis was invented in England if you didn't know.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Clement Li wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:
Andy Mai wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:

I believe that because it might be kicked out of the olympics is the main reason why we should put it on PSAL so it will have a chance at staying in the olympics in the next few years. We should also show some asian spirit because this sport is one of the only sports that represents China, and give China a BIT of glory. This is why i think it should be a PSAL sport, if it is not one we should try to make it one.
lol there are many sports china is dominant in...gymnastics, asides from the controversy. a year ago chinese Rowling team won the championship everyone screened doping coz chinese are not known for rowling
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
they won't take ping pong out of the olympics.

Clement Li wrote:
a sport in PSAL won't possibly have an effect on the global community.. but nevertheless we should still try to get it onto PSAL. i'm not too sure how to go about that though and i'm kind of too caught up with school-work to do anything right now. i'll ask mr. mccollum for some feedback on trying to add table tennis to PSAL's sports

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:05 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
Clement Li wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:
Andy Mai wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:

lol there are many sports china is dominant in...gymnastics, asides from the controversy. a year ago chinese Rowling team won the championship everyone screened doping coz chinese are not known for rowling

Even if the girls on the Chinese gymnastic team were underage, they beat girls that were older than them so overall they won the competition.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 pm

the thing is...younger girls are lighter + they dont worry much
o well, they are never going to prove it
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:44 am

how the heck did you guys end up talking about the gymnastics controversy.. i'm gonna close this thread. bottom line we have a lot of members and a long term goal of ours is to get table tennis into PSAL.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum