Brooklyn Tech's Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

incorrect footworks

5 posters

Go down

incorrect footworks Empty incorrect footworks

Post by iJacky Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:56 pm

according 2 xperts in pingpong when u receive a short ball thats close 2 table aka intable ur supposed 2 step in w/ the same foot that corresponds 2 the hand u use 2 play =)
so 4 a righty ull wana use ur right foot 2 step intable when getting a short ball...
n 4 a lefty ull wana use ur left foot 2 step intable when getting a short ball...

p.s. im not so sure bout receiving a long ball thats far from table aka outtable but i think most of the time ur supposed 2 step w/ ur dominant foot or the foot that corresponds 2 the hand u use 2 play pingpong w/ =)

Last edited by iJacky on Wed May 06, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-03-21

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

incorrect footworks Empty Re: incorrect footworks

Post by RaymondWu Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 pm

lol eh thes stuff kinda like instinctive its what every normal person would do i think but i dont agree with that lol i am righty short ball i use right feet up
if the ball is short on left i wont use that coz thst kinda retarded i cant even reach it
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:35 am

RaymondWu wrote:lol eh thes stuff kinda like instinctive its what every normal person would do i think but i dont agree with that lol i am righty short ball i use right feet up
if the ball is short on left i wont use that coz thst kinda retarded i cant even reach it

dats xactly my pt... =_="
u shud stop spamming ray =(

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:04 am

iJacky wrote:
RaymondWu wrote:lol eh thes stuff kinda like instinctive its what every normal person would do i think but i dont agree with that lol i am righty short ball i use right feet up

i dont get get it...you said if youre righty then you step in with right foot but i am saying i would step with left if its on left side right if its on the right side lol
ps:LOL i am spamming, not the one writing all over the forums
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 am

Depends on how left this ball is. If the ball is not very left most professionals have the speed to hop to the left (assuming the player is right handed) and still use their forehand push.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-09-27

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647998814&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:59 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
iJacky wrote:

i dont get get it...you said if youre righty then you step in with right foot but i am saying i would step with left if its on left side right if its on the right side lol
ps:LOL i am spamming, not the one writing all over the forums

actually if ur a righty n if the short ball is going towards ur backhand u shud step in w/ ur rite foot coz thats how coaches teach u =)
p.s. how am i the 1 spamming if i put time thinking about wut 2 write n reread it several times 4 grammatical n spelling errors? o_O"

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Andy Mai wrote:Depends on how left this ball is. If the ball is not very left most professionals have the speed to hop to the left (assuming the player is right handed) and still use their forehand push.

andy i doubt they wud do that 4 pushing unless its a doubles match since it wud make them leave their side defenseless... =X
i believe they wud only do that when they wana atk n end it quickly like doing a flip since its a short ball =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mai Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm

I've seen a lot of professionals do the left side hop for a push. They have the speed to get back into position.
Andy Mai
Andy Mai
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 315

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647998814&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David Xiong Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:25 pm

If I was a right handed player and it was a very short left ball, i would still step in with my right foot but move it closer than usual to my left foot. I barely have this problem though because I can reach deeper into the table than most people. =P

P.S. never jump towards the table to reach the ball unless there is no other choice. If you hit the ball too deep, the other person will loop the ball and you will be in a bad position to block it.
David Xiong
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-05

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637447901&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:43 pm

iJacky wrote:
Andy Mai wrote:Depends on how left this ball is. If the ball is not very left most professionals have the speed to hop to the left (assuming the player is right handed) and still use their forehand push.

andy i doubt they wud do that 4 pushing unless its a doubles match since it wud make them leave their side defenseless... =X
i believe they wud only do that when they wana atk n end it quickly like doing a flip since its a short ball =)
stop whining about the grammar man its the internet. my grammar is good in essays. i remmeber that guy int eh bathroom the other day he was like 3rd grade, still cant speak english to you Very Happy
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by iJacky Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:26 pm

RaymondWu wrote:
iJacky wrote:

stop whining about the grammar man its the internet. my grammar is good in essays. i remmeber that guy int eh bathroom the other day he was like 3rd grade, still cant speak english to you Very Happy

ray how did the posts u quote involve w/ my post on grammar? o_O"
p.s. i dun believe i spam random posts since i take time thinking n rereading n editting them... =_="

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RaymondWu Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 am

lol quoted the wrong one
RaymondWu
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Chen Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:57 pm

okay guys. enough about spamming. you're both spamming, as well as trolling/flaming. both of you stop trolling/flaming each other and stop spamming the forum.

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum