penhold techniques

Go down

penhold techniques

Post by Ariel Chen on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:12 am

a nice video from ping skills on penhold techniques.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUK7-z7Zv3Y
i disagree with them calling it the korean/japanese backhand.
i would have called it the traditional chinese backhand haha

Ariel Chen
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 186
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:36 pm

lolz its probly coz theyre from australia... =_="

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by David Xiong on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 pm

the "korean/japanese backhand" looks really unorthodox. it could easily miss the table because it creates a bit of side spin. i rather do a reverse backhand if I wanted more topspin and speed.
avatar
David Xiong
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Age : 25
Location : Brooklyn, New York
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=637447901&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by RaymondWu on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:40 am

agh...its better looking in youku or tudou this guy is so stiff
avatar
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Age : 24
Location : Raymond Wu (Zhandong)
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 pm

RaymondWu wrote:agh...its better looking in youku or tudou this guy is so stiff

lolz ray mayb hes quite nervous being taped... =_="
n yea they shudve gotten sum1 older w/ more exp =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by RaymondWu on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:32 am

ahh wang hao caused such a big wave in the penhold community. RPB is like must master becuase shakehand attackers have upperhand int his era if play without RPB
avatar
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Age : 24
Location : Raymond Wu (Zhandong)
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:04 pm

RaymondWu wrote:ahh wang hao caused such a big wave in the penhold community. RPB is like must master becuase shakehand attackers have upperhand int his era if play without RPB

lolz true but sum of those old ppl @ ham fish pwns w/ traditional penhold backhand =P

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by justin90876 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:21 pm

i already saw the video. the player that is doing penhold looks like he is severely constipated.
avatar
justin90876
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 67
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm

justin90876 wrote:i already saw the video. the player that is doing penhold looks like he is severely constipated.

lolz justin yet i think hes able of defeating almost eri1 in our club... =_="

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by RaymondWu on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:23 pm

lol its not comforting seeing that stiffness but pretty good backhand.
avatar
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Age : 24
Location : Raymond Wu (Zhandong)
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 pm

RaymondWu wrote:lol its not comforting seeing that stiffness but pretty good backhand.

yea i agree w/ ray! XD
his bh is pretty good =)

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by justin90876 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm

idk, the fact that he is so stiff makes me want to make him move..... by abusing the edges near the net.....
avatar
justin90876
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 67
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:34 pm

justin90876 wrote:idk, the fact that he is so stiff makes me want to make him move..... by abusing the edges near the net.....

lolz justin u also play kinda stiff like him =P

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by justin90876 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:11 pm

i don't play stiff >< im always moving around. i even have a lazy wrist because I move so much. running is fun ><
avatar
justin90876
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 67
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by iJacky on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 pm

justin90876 wrote:i don't play stiff >< im always moving around. i even have a lazy wrist because I move so much. running is fun ><

lolz he wasnt moving coz hes supposed 2 show ppl his strokes =P
n btw i said u play stiff coz u always close ur arm so it looks as if its stiff... =_="

iJacky
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 272
Age : 25
Location : New York City
Registration date : 2009-03-21

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=720715819&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by RaymondWu on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:15 pm

justin90876 wrote:i don't play stiff >< im always moving around. i even have a lazy wrist because I move so much. running is fun ><
robotic
avatar
RaymondWu
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 245
Age : 24
Location : Raymond Wu (Zhandong)
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by justin90876 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:41 am

nahh its because my backhand is relatively weak, and everybody alwaus tends to aim close to my center line, so I adjust my body so. i kinda try to do it the way one of the wang players do it, but i fail ><
avatar
justin90876
Committed Member
Committed Member

Male Number of posts : 67
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: penhold techniques

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum